Thursday, June 23, 2005

Indian Restaurant

I am a vegetarian..and no, that means no seafood also. And China is not the place for vegetarians. Zhuhai is not a big city like Beijing/Shanghai..so it is very difficult to find something that meets my "vegetarian" standards.
According to a colleague from China, the Cantonese are "are notorious for eating any animal they can imagine". I believe that!!

Last week, J, E [colleagues from work] and I were our way to a Thai restaurant on the local bus and spotted this sign that said "Indian restaurant". I was super thrilled and yesterday some friends and I decided to check it out for dinner.

We walk in to the restaurant and see all these waitresses dressed in denim skirt, t-shirt and a feather headdress. It was Indian alright - not Asian Indian but American Indian!! To cut a long story short, I did manage to find a vegetable curry dish thai style - go figure!!

Can't wait to get back home and go to my favorite restaurant!! Only 3 more weeks to go- yeah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home